Super Noob + The Peanut Gallery

Two Worlds Collided

Last week...Monday to be precise...we took a little jaunt to Sedona. Not just any day trip...a most auspicious occasion. We were going to meet some very special people. One person, in particular for me. Several months ago, she and I began commenting on each other's blogs...she had no clue about the email response thing, so I gave her a little schooling. Then, we began to email each other almost daily, and sometimes multiple times a day. Through our interactions a friendship emerged. We'd joke about stalking each other all the time, and finally I bit the bullet and said we should try to meet in person some time. Well, could you imagine my surprise when she said she and her family were actually coming here?!? Do you know who I am talking about? Hint: nuts. Peanuts to be precise.

Does she look familiar to you? Well, to those that read her blog, she will. To others, you will think I am off my rocker (pft, that's nothing new). Yes, this is Julie of The Peanut Gallery...exit here.
Again, if you read her blog, you will know that her family just took a trip to our neck of the woods. Of course, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally meet her in person. The funny thing is, I have felt for some time now like I already know her. By that I mean, I feel like we have been friends for years. There is a realness and an honesty to her that, unfortunately, you don't find all that often. Or at least not as often as I wish. On some level, Julie and I have connected and formed a real friendship. I have blogging to thank for that. Without it, I never would have met her. That ...I simply couldn't imagine.

With our men behind the lenses, we set out to document our encounter. This is one of the first photos we took. The next one had Julie making bunny ears over my head. Maybe she has a copy and will be gracious enough to share it. I, however, will not.

Our girls realized that this was a day like no other, and that it was cause for a real celebration. So...there was dancing in the streets. Come on every guy grab a girl...

All the children (at least those not passed out on the sidewalk ) got along famously. The Desert Dwellers, and The Peanut Gallery were all fast friends. We spent the afternoon frolicking, eating ice cream, causing near attacks in the hearts of shop owners and generally soaking up all we could of each other in a very short amount of time.

S-Girl is the sweetest little girl ever. Truly. All of Julie's children are warm, open, and intelligent. Given Julie's recent toilet incident, you may have misgivings about her parenting...but rest assured, these kids are loved beyond measure, and it shows.

The littlest ones were just worn out.

Yet, they were troopers nonetheless.

Before we barely had a chance to say hello, we were already saying goodbye. Julie may be none too pleased with me for posting this photo. But I happen to love it. She is every bit as fun in person as she seems to be on her blog. Her nature is friendly, open, honest and just plain old hilarious! She is infectious, and I am afraid I have caught the "Julie bug." She's a vibrant, beautiful woman, and I am blessed to call her friend.

art, family, Julie, kids, love, Mamma, people, person, and more:

Two Worlds Collided + The Peanut Gallery