Super Noob + TIME

Digging Deep

I sometimes wonder about what makes one person more successful than another. In anything. Given the same talent and the same work ethic...why does one seem to soar while the other seems to never really take off? It would be easy to say something trite like "eh, it was just meant to be for that person," but I honestly think that's a cop-out. There IS a real reason. It's like all the pieces of a puzzle come together to make the whole...and magic happens.

Constantly I tell myself that I will get where I want to be. Even when I am feeling discouraged (which happens more frequently than I care to admit), I somehow redirect my thoughts. I have a passion for photography that rivals my passion for being a mom. It honestly and truly fills my soul in a way that nothing else does. I don't mean it fills me more than my children do...it's just different. It's something that comes from me...my heart...the way I see the world. And I get to share it with the world. Or at least a very small part of it.

There are days I feel consumed with the uncertainty that surrounds it. Will I really reach the potential within me? When? How can I help it along? What more can I be doing? On these days, my confidence wanes, recedes, allowing my fear and insecurity to come forth. On these days it takes all that I am to dig deep enough to believe. Believe in myself and my own ability to make this dream real.

I'm in the trenches. I'm battling it out. Fighting my way. Putting in the effort and the work. So that the answer to my "when?" Is...soon.

art, person, Photography, and more:

Digging Deep + TIME