Super Noob + kitchen

Just Call Me Elsie

Nursing my two little ones was an amazing experience. Both times. Knowing that I was all they really needed to survive during that time, was very surreal. I am passionately pro breast feeding! A true believer that breast feeding, is in deed, best feeding.

Now that I am no longer nursing my youngest, I find it a little bittersweet. Bittersweet and...embarassing! I mean, come on! Why is there still milk in these girls? Not that I am anxioulsy awaiting the ultimate frontal sags, but if it isn't going to good use, then I don't want it in there.

So what brought this on? I mentioned that my kids are sick. They still are. Addyson is feeling much better, but Colton was very clingy today. So I carried him around for a good portion of the day. This lead to my inability lack of desire to make lunch. Instead, I ordered from a local pizza place. Muy excelente...oh wait, wrong ethnicity. Anyway, I ordered the kids a calzone to share.

Fourty minutes later, the doorbell rings, and I am still toting my 14 month old around the house. Here is where I should mention that I am still in the t-shirt and shorts that I slept in...ah, and no bra...see where this is headed? So I put Colton down to answer the door, hastily I hand over my debit card for verification. As I have my arm outstretched to pizza boy he just stands there staring forever for a second or two before taking my card. Inside my head I say something like "Seriously? You don't see my crying kid here? Really, just take your time, jackass!" Yeah, it was probably something like that. We complete the rest of our brief transaction, I close the door and usher the kids to the kitchen.

Passing a mirror I roll my eyes at the goddess unkempt figure who looks back at me...then I see it. Yep, where I had been carrying Colton against my bra-less chest, there now sits a silver dollar sized wet mark. Too perfectly positioned, too perfectly shaped to simply be something I spilled on myself. Great. I can only imagine the story that pizza boy told his pimply faced cronies.

So I ask again...why is there still milk in these girls? I last nursed Colton on October 19th! Oh well, at least I brightened some teenage boy's day. So from now on, you can just call me Elsie. Elsie the cow.

Arizonamamma, Best Of, breastfeeding, god, house, kids, and more:

Just Call Me Elsie + kitchen