Super Noob + room

One of Those Days

Today started like any other day, and frankly seems to be ending that way as well. The in between is where the crazy lives. My children behaved as if someone told them they would get a prize (though neither of the two little ones understand how a prize system works) if they could send me over the edge.

Like any other day, Colton went down for his nap about an hour and a half after breakfast. It is during this time, that I usually sneak in my shower. Addyson will lay in my bed and watch a short bit of t.v. while I am enjoying a long leisurly taking a military style shower. Most every day this goes off without a hitch. Most every day. Today was one of those days. You know the ones, right?

I get out of the shower and instantly hear Addyson and Colton jabbering over the monitor. I wrap myself in a towel and head into Colton's room. There's Addyson chewing away on something. Chewing as if she were a cow with a heaping wad of grass in her mouth.

Me: Addyson, what are you eating?
Addyson: Gum
Me: What? Where did you get gum? Spit it out into my hand right now!
Addyson: I like it.
Me: Well I know, but it is not good for you. How many pieces have you had?
Addyson: I don't know. Can I eat it Mamma?
Me: No, spit it out please.

She is spitting it out, and it is at this point that I look to Colton in his crib. He is also chewing. Fabulous. My son has had his first piece of chewing gum at the ripe old age of 14 months.

Later in the day I attempted to clean the living room. As I picked toys up and put them away, the kids took them right back out and scattered them again. After about an hour (I made a small dent), I gave up. It was time to just move on and accept, for yet another day, the state of chaos that is my living room. No joke.

Much later in the day, I am in the kitchen doing dishes, and getting dinner started. The kids are outside with Drew playing. I am watching them all through the window as I work. Colton trips over Drew's pogo stick, and does a face plant onto our brick patio. He now has the bruise to show for it, and I am looking forward to the many looks I will get from strangers while out and about.

Addyson at some point comes running in from outside. She has to pee. Emergency. You know, she can't be bothered to come in unless it is sound the alarm time. So anyway, I am taking her pants off to help her out and not a second after her pants come off, she starts to pee. We are in the kitchen mind you! I am thankful for tile floors. So what could I do but calmly hold her so it didn't get all over her feet and wait until she was done? If I could've done anything else, I didn't think of it. I lectured her while she urinated on my kitchen floor about waiting until the last minute, wiped her up, re-dressed her, and sent her back out to play. Thanks so much, my dearest Addyson. I needed the extra chore today.

art, Best Of, breakfast, kids, kitchen, Our Family, and more:

One of Those Days + room