Super Noob + Tasty Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday-Cauliflower Mash

Tired of your same old tried and true meals? Looking for some new ideas for family dinners, or even just a new cookie recipe? Then Tasty Tuesday is for you. It is my half-baked (no pun intended) idea to help some other moms out with new recipes. I would love to hear your favorites as well. In fact, if I can make it work, I will turn this into something where we can all link up and share a favorite on Tuesday.

Today I give you: Cauliflower Mash

This is actually a side dish, and one I invented. I mentioned in this post that I am not a real recipe girl. I love to cook, but I love the freedom of winging it. Often it is a success.

Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower (steamed for about 25 min)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/2 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
1/4 Cup cream cheese
1/4 Cup grated parmesan (not canned)
1Tablespoon capers (optional, but I like the added flavor)
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
Salt and Pepper to tase

Cooking Instructions:
In a medium sauce pan saute onion and garlic over medium-high heat in butter until tender. Add steamed cauliflower to the same sauce pan and mash with a potato masher, or the back of a large wooden spoon, mixing onion and garlic together with cauliflower.

Add cream cheese and grated parmesan. Mix in until well blended and melted. Add capers and gently fold them in (don't want them smashed).

Salt and pepper to your liking and serve.

This is one of my family's favorite ways to have cauliflower (roasted is another wonderful way). Since we (my husband and I) are watching our starchy carbs, this is a great alternative to mashed potatoes. Yum.

**Disclaimer-seeing as how this was an invention of mine, the measurements are a ball park. If you want to add more or less of any of them...feel free! I am sure it will still be fabulous.

family, favorite, love, mix, Recipes, and more:

Tasty Tuesday-Cauliflower Mash + Tasty Tuesday