Super Noob + TIME

Out to Eat

After my daughter was born, I didn't go out and about a lot. Like I mentioned here, I was a tad concerned about her naps (well sleep in general). So as she became a little older and her naps were reduced in both frequency and duration, I ventured out more and more. Then Colton came, and the whole process started all over again. Though this time it was having two kids to load and uload that helped to create my aversion to the mini excursions.

Well...that is all a thing of the past now. It has been for quite some time. I love to get my kids out of the house! It breaks up the day, and I find, helps to curb unruly behavior. When bored, my daughter tends to find myriad creative ways to frazzle my nerves.

What about out to eats? Hmmm...that's a fun one. I have braved it many times, and do so with relative ease these days. Along the way, I have developed a routine of sorts that helps me wrangle my little maniacs angels in.

Here it is:
1. When out to eat, I never so much as glance at my own menu before deciding what to order for the kids.
2. I always ask the server to bring their food out as soon as it is ready rather than wait for the rest of the order.
3. If the restaurant does not offer bread before the meal, I am prepared with my arsenal of healthy munchies (always stocked in the diaper bag).
4. With my youngest, I hold him before his food gets to the table...then put him in the provided high chair...I have come to realize he only has a limited "shelf life" when it comes to sitting on his own.
5. As far as what/how to order for them...well, I usually select one healthy choice (grilled chicken with veggies) and one fun choice (mac n' cheese or pizza-no fried stuff though), and I split it between them. Oh, and I always have them sub out fresh fruit for fries.
6. Finally...RELAX. Really! Most people have been there before, and even if they haven't, they were young once too and I am sure caused their fair share of disturbances.

So...been putting off that lunch date with friends for fear of your babes reeking havoc? Fear no more. Try it out. I promise you will survive, and so will everyone else.

art, food, house, kids, LIFE, love, Parenting, people, and more:

Out to Eat + TIME