Super Noob + room

Bye Bye Baby Toys

I have been remiss. Or just lazy. Or busy...something like that. I am usually fairly diligent about posting each day, but as my sister in law pointed out, I didn't participate in Not Me Monday, and I didn't have a post up today. I didn't realize she relied on me to pass the time while she pumped. Sorry, M...won't happen again.

Anyway, bittersweet goings on around these parts. I have spent the better part of the morning culling through old toys. Toys that have been in our home since the birth of my daughter. Getting rid of them is harder for me than it is for my children. In fact, Addyson was all too eager to dispose of her toys, merrily tossing them in the big box for other boys and girls. Yet for me it simply marks the passing of yet another era. No more baby toys. No more teethers or rattles. Actually, we are even giving away a ton of toys that are still age appropriate.

I have come to realize that having all those toys is just ridiculous. Not only are they constantly scattered ALL OVER MY LIVING ROOM, they never get played with anymore. Too many. So, with Christmas around the corner I decided it was time to do a major clean out. You know...to prepare for the gluttony to come.

In any case, we are donating our toys to a local charity that accepts gently used items. I would have taken them to Goodwill, but my husband just informed me that they just throw them out. They don't like keeping up with recall items...or something. But this local charity is specifically for children, and they assured me that my my children's treasures would indeed go to deserving kids. Awesome.

So today I say goodbye to old toys...and the passing of yet one more treasured time. Thank God that I treasure each and every moment with these guys. The passing days just bring more and more joy (and a few scattered headaches).

art, Christmas, god, home, kids, Mamma thoughts, morning, Our Family, and more:

Bye Bye Baby Toys + room