Super Noob + room

A Girl's Gotta Dream

Are you a dreamer or a goal setter? I'm somewhere in the middle. There are things that I certainly dream about. Like the house that has my perfect kitchen and huge laundry room (like maybe if I had the space I would be more inspired to do my laundry start to finish rather than just let the clean stuff pile up all over my couch). Or my dream of traveling the world with my husband and kids. Those are still in dream phase for me because they are so far off, and really because there are other things that are taking priority.

My goals are made up of the here and now and the not too distant future. The distinction is that my goals are written down. I tell people about them. That way I am much more determined to make them a reality. Perfect example...I really want to become better with the camera. That is a real live goal for me. Truth be told, I want to be able to do photography aside my stayathomemommyness. I am taking it in bite sized pieces. An online class to learn my new camera better...check. A "group share" setting where I can go to get feedback from others who have more experience...check. Long awaited new lens...still waiting. You can see though that there is a distinct pattern of setting and checking off.

Another example (though not as successful currently) is my weight loss. I have been struggling with these last ten stubborn stuck to my A$$ pounds! Ugh. So here it is...I am writing it down here. How's that for letting people know to serve as motivation? Goal: Ten pounds off by February 1st. Now, that seems pretty managable. But I am also a realist, and my favorite nosh-fest holiday is right around the corner. I will say this. I plan on having 5 of these buggars off before Christmas. I'll keep you posted (absolutely no pun intended).

So how about it...do you dream or set goals and do something to make them real?

art, Christmas, favorite, Goals, home, house, kids, kitchen, Mamma thoughts, people, and more:

A Girl's Gotta Dream + room