Super Noob + TIME

Tasty Tuesday-A Healthier Way to Do Pancakes

Tasty Tuesday time! Do your little ones love pancakes? Do you? Do you feel badly that they are not all that good for them, yet you feed the munchkins pancakes anyway? Well, this might be for you. I follow a pancake recipe for myself, and every time I do, my kids eat them as well. They LOVE them. Colton ate three himself. They have the perfect balance of protein and carbs...but good carbs which come from the slow cook oats. One recipe is for one adult, or a couple of kiddos. When I make them for the kids and me, I double the following recipe.

Oatmeal/Protein Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup slow cook oats (uncoooked)
1/2 Cup low fat cottage cheese
3 egg whites
1 packet splenda (you can use a natural no sugar sweetener like stivia)
a dash of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:
Measure all ingredients and add to a blender. Puree until mixture is smooth, scraping the sides as needed. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray (or use a pat of butter/margarine..I like Smart Balance), heat pan over medium and spoon or pour mixture into the pan (about baseball/softball sized medallions) and cook like you would regular pancakes. Keep in mind these are much more dense than traditional pancakes and will require longer to cook through.

My kids love theirs topped with blueberries and a sprinkling of powdered sugar. I like to use either a little peanut butter or sugar free syrup on mine. Sometimes I get crazy and use the pb and syrup...yum!

That's it. Simple, tasty, and good for ya. What more do you need?

art, cottage, kids, love, mix, Tasty Tuesday, and more:

Tasty Tuesday-A Healthier Way to Do Pancakes + TIME