Super Noob + Tasty Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday...One of My Husband's Favorites

In the question and answer post my husband so happily reluctantly did he mentioned a couple of his favorite meals made by me. It dawned on me that I have never posted either one of them. So today I bring you...

Salmon Scallopini: For all you salmon lovers, this one is pretty darn good if I do say so myself. All measurements in this recipe are approximations because it is one from the old noggin'. I played around a couple different times before settling on this, and now it's almost the only way we will have it in our home.

Ingredients:

1.5 pounds fresh Salmon fillet (about 4-6 oz per person...so more or less depending on family size).
Olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
2 Tablespoons capers
2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
1/4 Cup white wine
3/4 Cup Chicken broth
1 Teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 teaspoon water)

Instructions:

Remove any skin from Salmon, and cut into 4 to 6 oz portions. Coat the bottom of a large heavy bottomed skillet with olive oil (you don't want to fry, but you do want your pan coated). Set aside. Melt butter in a medium sized skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute till tender, but not brown. Wisk in wine, and simmer, letting liquid reduce by about half. Wisk in chicken broth and continue to let simmer.

Now heat your large olive oil coated skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon in a single layer (cook in batches if needed). Cook through (length will depend upon thickness of fillets, about 3.5 minutes per side). Fish will flake fairly easily when cooked done. Remove from heat and plate the salmon. Add capers, tomatoes and cornstarch to your wine sauce and wisk in. Allow to heat through for about 30 seconds, then pour the mixture over the salmon. Serve.

It's great served with or over a simple angel hair pasta, and steamed asparagus on the side. You could go crazy and do some garlic bread as well. It's a favorite (mostly) all the way around in our home.

P.S. I really dislike tile counter tops!

family, favorite, home, love, mix, person, Recipes, and more:

Tasty Tuesday...One of My Husband's Favorites + Tasty Tuesday