Super Noob + Mamma thoughts

The Fish Cake

When I make a promise I deliver! So here it is, in all it's hideousness splendor, the fish cake. Honestly, Addyson originally asked for a dinosaur cake. I didn't know how I would get that done. Fortunately for me, in her ever fickle way, she changed her mind and settled on this beauty.

This, my friends, is why my cake decorating skills have gone undiscovered for so long. They simply don't exist. Addyson, when first she was able to gaze upon her mother's creation, exclaimed "Mama, I asked for a fish cake!" Pft...that's as good as you're gonna get outta this mama. "What does it look like?" I ask her. "A star" is her reply. Upon further examination, I can certainly see how she came up with that. In the end I was able to convince her of its fishiness, and all was well. I will say this for myself...I can bake. The cake tasted great, and even had homemade cream cheese frosting.
For those of you waiting on my husband's answers...you will more than likely receive them tomorrow. Possibly, they will be in installments...we'll see.
Lastly, my current giveaway will end tomorrow and I will announce the winners (that's right, remember there will be two winners?) shortly thereafter.
Oh, maybe not lastly. I wanted to pass along what another blogger is doing. Julie at The Peanut Gallery isn't calling this a meme, but she is starting Mommy and Me Mondays. She is encouraging all of us moms (or dads) to get in the picture with our kiddos. Too often we are the ones behind the lens. So on Mondays, get a picture on your blog of you with your child(ren). Fun challenge for me! Feel free to link back to her or not (it's the only right thing to do really). Can't wait to see you all!!

Addyson, Andy, art, beauty, Giveaways, home, homemade, and more:

The Fish Cake + Mamma thoughts