Super Noob + relationship

We Leave at Daybreak! Or...in About a Month

Soon I will be traveling from Arizona to Florida with my two little ones in tow. Unfortunately, Andy will not be with me. Fortunately, my brother and his girlfriend will be. I know many a mom before me has travelled alone with small children, but I am happy to have the help. Without it, there is a strong possibility I may throw myself from the plane. Best we don't test that theory.

We will be visiting my mom (who is traveling from Massachusetts), her husband, and my grandparents (who live in Florida). Sadly, my brother and I will only be staying for a couple of days. I'm grateful to have that time, but it is so little. I miss my mom. I wish that she lived close like my dad does. I so long for her to be able to see my children on a regular basis. So, I have vowed to try to visit her again this year for a longer period of time. Somehow, however, it doesn't seem to be enough.

I understand how fleeting and unpredictable our time here is. I want to make the most of it. I want my mother to have a relationship with my children. I don't ever want to look back when she is older and wish that she had more time with them. Though I can't change the circumstances of the distance between us, I can do something about the frequency between visits. If monetarily possible, I will make a point to see her once each year. If she can manage the same, then that would be twice a year...and while that hardly seems adequate...it would be far better than we've managed thus far.

In any case, I am looking forward to our upcoming visit. I am excited at the prospect of having a four generation photo taken (not professionally). My grandmother, my mom, me and my daughter. I've always wanted to have that...and now we will!

HAPPY, Mamma thoughts, Our Family, and more:

We Leave at Daybreak! Or...in About a Month + relationship