Super Noob + TIME

My Big Boy and Me

Today it’s Drew and me in the picture together for Julie’s Mom N’ Me Monday. It’s funny, because I was thinking the other day about the fact that I am in far too few pictures with him. Today, we went up to a nearby mountain, and I thrust my camera into the hands of my eager fairly willing husband and asked him to snap some shots of me with Drew.

Little did I know that he would take me very literally, and just snap away. I think out of 10 or so pictures, he managed to get me sitting down onto the only spike on this log and stabbing myself in the rear…

Stabbing rear

One of me noticing some dirt on my jeans…

Spotting dirt

Next, he captured the ever important moment of me wiping off said dirt…

May 16 2010 040 (2)

All the while, Drew is smiling away. What a good boy. Here I am next asking Andy if he’s ever going to take our picture. Notice my hand on Drew even raised in question…

You gonna take a picture

What?!?!? You’ve been taking them this whole time? That’s hilarious!
Clearly…

Oh okay ready

I mean, I didn’t even have time to recompose and smile nicely. Nope. The best we got outta the bunch is the one right above with my extra chin. Thanks, Andy for bringing out my very best. Look at Drew through it all, what a trooper.

As I look at him next to me in these pictures, I am in awe of the fact that he is nearly as big as I. It truly seems like yesterday when he could just fit snugly into my lap. Wow. He was only three (Addyson's age today) when I met him. He's eleven now. I've been so blessed to be a part of his life. I have loved every second of watching him change and grow to become the person he is today, and I look forward with a happy heart to seeing the man he will become. Drew is a good soul, with a caring and compassionate nature. He will be a wonderful man someday. But today, I think I better just soak up all of his 11 year old ways while I can.

art, HAPPY, LIFE, love, Mom n' Me Monday, person, and more:

My Big Boy and Me + TIME