Super Noob + potty training

Let's Talk About Poop

This week marked the beginning of Colton's potty training, and the end of diapers during the day.

When he woke Monday morning with a dry diaper, I put him on the potty to pee, like I have done before. Afterward, I decided this time to put him in underwear and just remind him (constantly) to NOT go in his pants. We escaped the day without any accidents. But we did go through three pair of underwear. Good old Skid left his marks in two of them.

Tuesday there were two accidents, and since then we've been accident free. I just knew that when he was ready, he would really be ready. He even wakes from naps with a dry diaper (I put one on him for sleep).

I'm sure my brother, who will be watching them for 6 days in the near future, will thank me profusely for not having to change the poopy diapers of a 3 year old. Because, seriously...it's nasty. It is NOT baby poop anymore. Let's face it...it stopped being baby poop when he started consuming something other than breast milk, and just got worse from there.

So. My little man is out of diapers during the day, and I am now making thirty trips to the toilet with one of the children each day. I have promoted myself from professional butt-wiper to master butt-wiper. Sorta like a master chef.

art, Colton, morning, and more:

Let's Talk About Poop + potty training