Super Noob + Our Family

Has It Really Been Two Years?
San Diego 2010 031

Happy birthday, my little man. Where on earth did the time go? How is it okay that every breath you take brings you closer to the man you will one day be? I can’t believe that it has been two years since you have blessed me by coming into this world.

When I was first pregnant with you, I fretted a little over the fact that your sister was still a baby. Was she going to be nudged out of the nest too soon? I thought so. It made me a little sad.

But time went by, like it has its way of doing, and the wonderful day of your birth came. Immediately my fears, my worries washed away. As I gazed upon your tiny little face, with your tiny little button of a nose, and your perfect little complexion, I knew all was right in this world of mine. My heart swelled to bursting and my chest constricted with the love I felt so that I could hardly breath.

Funny, today I look at you with your sister, and I feel so grateful. So blessed. Your lives are so beautifully intertwined. How in the world did we exist before you were here? What was our life like? I can’t even remember. Or at least I don’t try very hard. Life is just as it should be with you in the world. Happy birthday, Colton.

art, Colton, HAPPY, LIFE, love, and more:

Has It Really Been Two Years? + Our Family