Super Noob + TIME

Pa Pur

Or more commonly known as “pacifier.”

Colton at park

This kid has a very strong, thriving, and unabating love for the “pa-pur.”

It began as a bedtime thing only. Then it was allowed in the car on long trips. It remained that way for a long time.

Then, suddenly, Colton started asking for it all the time. He falls down, and immediately wants the thing to soothe his little soul. He’s hungry but has to wait for the appointed mealtime…pa-pur to the rescue, and so on and so on.

It doesn’t bother me much. In fact, it doesn’t bother me at all. I look at it as a phase he will outgrow, and if he doesn’t outgrow it by an age I deem necessary…then I will take the steps to break him of the habit.

My husband, on the other hand, has a strong dislike for the little plug. If he had it his way, Colton would stop it today. Cold turkey. Here is the major problem with that. I am the one who has to be the bad guy. The one who has to go through all the tantrums that are bound to crop up. Quite frankly, I don’t need to add anymore of those to my already tantrum riddled days.

So…Colton wins. For now. The pa pur is here to stay another day. Eh…it already seems he will need orthodonture anyway, so why deprive him of a little soothing?

art, Colton, love, and more:

Pa Pur + TIME