Super Noob + Tasty Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday-Pot Roast

Are you tired of trying to come up with new meal ideas for the family? Me too! In an effort to spice things up...or just throw some ideas out there, I give you this: Tasty Tuesdays. I am not much of a recipe gal myself (I am much more of a wing it sorta girl), but when I come across a good one, I love to share. So first up is my very own mother's yummy pot roast. Whenever I make this it brings me right back home. The weather is perfect for this one, and it sits most of the day on the stove, so it requires work only at the beginning and the end.

Ingredients:
7 bone beef chuck roast (7 bone are the best for this)
1 can cream of mushroom soup plus 1 to 1/1/2 cans water
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
Various spices (such as thyme, oregano, marjoram, sage, salt pepper, and a touch of cumin)
Olive oil (about 2-3 Tablespoons)
Dash or two of Worcestershire sauce

Whatever vegetables you like...My favorites are: Potatoes, Onion, Carrots, Mushrooms and Celery (use them all or just a few)

Cooking Instructions:
Season raost on all sides with whatever spices you choose (above recommended). In a large (at least 5.5 Quart) heavy bottom pan heat oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, sear roast on all sides to seal in the juices. Reduce heat to medium-low and add canned mushroom soup, onion soup mix, worcestershire sauce and water. Once all the liquid is boiling reduce heat so that it is at a simmer.

Let the roast cook! The longer the better. I usually get mine on the stove by about 11:30 or 12:00 and add the veggies approximately 4 hours later. Occasionally spoon liquid over roast (this is not a necessary step if you want to just leave it alone). About 1 1/2 hours before serving, add your peeled and cut vegetables. Simply add them in any which way you can stuff them in there. Check about one hour later for doneness and allow the last half hour if necessary. Then serve.

We enjoy our pot roast with toasted french bread. I buy the loaf from the local grocery store bakery. To toast the bread, I cut the bread into about 1 1/2 in thick pieces, arrange them on a baking sheet, and spread a little butter or drizzle a little olive oil over them. Toast in a 375 degree oven to your desired toastiness ;)

This should easily serve a family of six.

It is so easy to do, and so delicious. Try it, I know you're gonna love it. Please let me know if you do. Also, if you are looking for any specific recipes let me know that too. One thing I do well in this house is cook. So I am bound to have an idea for you.

art, bakery, family, favorite, home, house, love, mix, Recipes, room, and more:

Tasty Tuesday-Pot Roast + Tasty Tuesday