Super Noob + relationship

Out There

At fourteen I met the girl that was to be my life long best friend. I will lovingly refer to her as R. Upon first meeting her, I can say I was less than thrilled, and never expected to become her friend. However, ours was to be a relationship to defy both time and odds.

Needless to say, we weren't fast friends...once the barrier was down, and we learned more about each other, something blossomed beyond what we could ever have imagined. R has been by my side throughout my life in both times of immense joy and immeasurable sorrow. She has been my confidant, my sounding board, my voice of reason, my encouragement, my laugh when I couldn't find one within, and my shoulder when I have had tears to shed. She has been unwavering in her place in my life.

R is recently single, and back out in the dating world. Let me first say that I am absolutely content to be right where I am, however, living vicariously through her is a heck of a lot of fun...mostly. Mostly, until she has a run in with "that guy." That guy that sweeps you off your feet, has you seeing stars and walking on clouds...only to rip that cloud right out from under you. R had met a man that seemed, on the surface, to be a fabulous match for her. The list of things in common was endless, he is handsome, and fit and funny and smart. The whole package. Everything was moving along well between them...and then...he calls her to meet for wine. Over the wine, he tells her that they clicked so well and so fast that he feels overwhelmed and pressured. He wants to be friends and build a solid foundation before moving on to the next step. pfft...whatever. This is when I immediately find myself thinking about how thankful I am to not be "out there." While it is exciting to hear about her latest escapades, I am perfectly content in my own little corner of the earth.

Meanwhile, my heart breaks a little bit for her over the sting she has endured. For once, it was as if she had found the right person for her. When letdown comes in the middle of the euphoria, it's hard. Now is when I wish my words were enough to make her truly believe that what she wants still exists...and is waiting. Afterall, I believe it is.

art, Friendship, LIFE, Mamma thoughts, person, and more:

Out There + relationship