Super Noob + TIME

Tasty Tuesday-Tuna Casserole, Hold the Peas...Please.

If you have read my blog for more than a week, then you know that on Tuesday I like to post a recipe. I know that coming up with new ideas for the family can frequently cause me grief. So, this is designed to help others who feel the same way. Today I am giving you my favorite Tuna Casserole recipe. This is comfort food if I have ever known it. The recipe comes from my own Mamma ;) I am not a fan of peas in my tuna casserole, so this one doesn't have them. If you like them...then toss them in the mix.

Ingredients:
6oz wide egg noodles uncooked
1 can tuna
1 cup diced celery
1/3 cup onion
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom (or celery) soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup cheddar cheese
Crushed __________ for topping. (Here you can get creative and use whatever you have on hand. You can crush plain potato chips, use bread crumbs, ritz crackers, or even corn flakes...totally up to you).

Instructions:
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook and drain noodles according to package directions, and put them back in your pot. Add all other ingredients (except cheese) and mix until heated through. Then add cheese and mix until it is melted. Pour mixture into a casserole dish (sprayed with non stick) and add your topping to cover the mixture.
Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes.

Since this is an all in one meal, we don't usually do a lot on the side with it. Would go well with steamed broccoli or another veggie of your choice. I also often double this one up because everyone likes it so much, and it is always great leftover. As always, I would love to hear what you think if you try this one out. If you like tuna casserole, you will be sure to like this.

Oh, and do you have a recipe you would like to have featured? Let me know! I would be happy to post it for you...giving you all credit and a link back of course.

family, favorite, food, HAPPY, love, mix, room, Tasty Tuesday, and more:

Tasty Tuesday-Tuna Casserole, Hold the Peas...Please. + TIME