Super Noob + Tasty Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday- Taco Pie

Wow am I getting a late start. That's what happens when I don't have my post ready to go the night before. In an effort to speed things up today, I am just posting the recipe without further ado. It's a recipe by Bisquick that I tried years ago, and has become a family staple. Taco Pie.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey ( I imagine you can use beef, I mentioned before I prefer turkey...also this recipe calls for turkey)
1 medium onion
1 envelope (1.25 oz) Old El Paso taco seasoning (though any brand will do, and I use reduced sodium)
1 can chopped green chiles (again, any brand will suffice...but don't get hot...well, unless you want to)
1/2 Cup Original bisquick mix (I use the reduced fat one though)
1 Cup milk
2 eggs
1 medium tomato (I use two roma tomatoes)
1/2 Cup shredded cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (I use more than the required amount closer to 1 Cup)

Instructions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 inch glass pie plate (I use a small rectangular glass baking dish) with cooking spray. In a 10 inch skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat mixture and mix really well. Spread in pie plate. Top evenly with green chiles.

In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with a wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate over meat mixture.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Top with tomato and cheese and return to oven for 8-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve. Serves 6.

Like I said, this one is a regular favorite. Easy...which is one of my top requirements if I am going to use a recipe.

As always, if you try it...let me know what you think.

art, family, favorite, mix, Recipes, and more:

Tasty Tuesday- Taco Pie + Tasty Tuesday