Super Noob + TIME

Tasty Tuesday- Toffee

Since the holidays are upon us, I thought it would make sense to repost this recipe for those that missed it the first time around. I am telling you, if you like toffee, this is a keeper!

Tired of your same old tried and true meals? Looking for some new ideas for family dinners, or even just a new cookie recipe? Then Tasty Tuesday is for you. It is my half-baked idea to help some other moms out with new recipes. I would love to hear your favorites as well!

On the menu this week is a deliciously crunchy, buttery, and oh so yummy toffee! It is a HUGE hit with my family and friends. It has become my tradition to make it and pass it out to the neighbors every holiday season ( I always get requests for more). I am certain that if you like toffee, you will love this. I only wish I could take credit for this as being my own...alas, this sweet confection is courtesy of my Hershey cookbook.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Hershey's MINI Chips Semi-sweet chocolate(separated into 1 C and 1/2 C)
1 3/4 Cups Chopped/Slivered almonds (toasted and separated into 1 1/2 C and 1/4 C)
1 1/2 Cups butter
1 3/4 Cups sugar
3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
3 Tablespoons water

Cooking Instructions:

Spread 1 cup of the mini chips in a buttered 13X9 inch pan; set aside. Spread almonds in a shallow pan; toast at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes, stirring gently midway through ( I do it a tad longer because I like them to be a deep/warm brown). Set aside.

Melt butter in a heavy 3 quart saucepan; blend in sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly (this is quite literal...you can not leave it to sit and boil unstirred) to hard crack stage, 300 degrees on a candy thermometer. Bulb of candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of saucepan. Remove sauce pan from heat and immediately stir in 1 1/2 cups of the toasted almonds.

Immediately spread mixture evenly over mini chips in prepared pan, being careful not to disturb chips. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toasted almonds and 1/2 cup mini chips. Score into 1 1/2-inch squares. Cool completely (this usually means overnight for me); remove from pan. Break into pieces and store in a tightly covered container.

Note-You do not have to have a candy thermometer to make this...but I highly, highly recommend one. I have made it without, and it always turns out better when I use one.

There you have it. Trust me (well, you don't have to trust me if you don't want to), this is the best recipe I have come across. Make it for yourself, family, friends, anyone you know who loves toffee. This is sure to be a hit. If not, you can blame me.

P.S. Totally unrelated...I finally started a community on the Blog Frog. Won't you please join me? You can get there through the widgit down on my left sidebar. Consider it a Christmas gift if you will ;)

art, Christmas, family, favorite, gifts, love, mix, Tasty Tuesday, and more:

Tasty Tuesday- Toffee + TIME