Super Noob + Mamma thoughts

Through the Eyes of a Child

I wonder what is going through his active little mind when he looks like this. All the world is still a wonder. Trees, birds, dogs...fascinating, all of them. Often I tell myself I should try to remember to look at the world through the eyes of a child. Seldom I do. How jaded we become as adults. How wary, weary, and burdened. What a refreshing change of pace it is when we can get down on our knees, next to our child, and look at an object in unison. What a wonder when we can rediscover that object and marvel at how it brings light to the face of someone we love so much. In a moment such as this, all else fades away. As it should. Too quickly, this child of mine will grow. Unfairly, time, like a thief, will steal away the innocent way he views the world. That same world will make him wary, weary and burdened. Until he, like I have, gets down on his knees, and looks at the world anew, through the eyes of a child he loves.

Colton, love, and more:

Through the Eyes of a Child + Mamma thoughts