Super Noob + Tasty Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday-Ground Turkey Chili

This week I am sharing with you my recipe for Chili. I made it last week, and very carefully took note of everything I used so I could post it here. While this is my own recipe, it is not all that unique. I have seen many with very similar ingredients. I just have a tendency to wing it. This recipe is for double…we like it leftover, and this leaves plenty leftover.

Ingredients:
2 Pkg. ground turkey (or beef should you choose)
2 cans 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
2 cans dark red kidney beans
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 red onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons Chili powder
1 teaspoon ground mustard
pinch of cumin
dash of thyme or oregano (or both)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon season salt (completely optional)
1 teaspoon olive oil
**If you want to add some heat, add a dash or two of cayenne pepper (a little goes a long way). I don’t so the kids will eat it**

Instructions:
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and all of the onion. Sauté until just tender.

_MG_4700

Add ground turkey, and cook until nearly all pink is gone. Add all spices, and mix well. Add tomatoes, sauce and beans, mix well. Simmer over low-medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Adjust spices to taste…but the above is precisely what I added this last time, and it was great!) You can actually simmer it over low heat for as long as you need to.

_MG_4707

I imagine it would work really well in a crock-pot too. I served it this last time with some fresh garlic bread. Makes a ton! If you don’t want the leftovers, just cut everything in half.

_MG_4709

Serve with a little (or a lot) shredded cheese and a bit of sour cream if you fancy. Yum!

kids, love, mix, Recipes, and more:

Tasty Tuesday-Ground Turkey Chili + Tasty Tuesday