Super Noob + TIME

The Running Mom

You remember the old dance "The Running Man," right? I can do that, actually. But that's not what this post is about.

This post is about running, as in sneakers on the feet, feet hitting the pavement, joints screaming out in agony, running. Yeah. That kind of running. I've been doing quite a bit of that. Well, quite a bit for me in any case. I am up to 3.2 miles two days during the week, and 6.7 miles on Saturday. I think when I get to 7 miles I Saturday, I'll just stay there and not bump it up anymore.

It started with my aunt asking me if I wanted to participate in the half marathon in San Diego this June. I, like a fool, said yes. Then...she let me know that the weekend doesn't work out for her after all. By that point, I had already built up to about 6 miles on my Saturday runs, and there ain't no way I'm stoppin' now! I decided to just hang out at the 3, 3, 7 until about October. Then, I'll start adding mileage again, and do the half in January in Phoenix.

I can honestly say, I NEVER had any ambition to do a half marathon. Not for a second. I am not a runner. Really. Running and I just don't see eye to eye. BUT. I am not a quitter, so I'm just going to do it. Heck, I am running just about 7 miles every Saturday right now anyway...what's a few more?

Meanwhile, I think I'll go have another cadbury egg.

art, running, and more:

The Running Mom + TIME