Super Noob + TIME

Tasty Tuesday –Pseudo Paella

***Don't forget to head here to participate and win some Reefs***

Today, Liz from a Bell a Bean and a Chicago Dog has agreed to share a recipe with us all. Liz is great fun, so if you haven’t met her…go say hello!

Here is her recipe:

I love one-pot dinners. So easy to make and easy to clean up.
I always seem to accumulate partial containers of food in my fridge or freezer, and I like to put them to good use in a meal if I can.
That's exactly what I was able to do with my most recent one-pot meal, which I named Pseudo-Paella.
I knew I had a half lb of frozen shrimp and a 1/4 bag of frozen peas on hand. Craig had bought smoked turkey sausage that he intended use, but never did. And I always have an onion. So I bought a box of Zatarain's Yellow Rice at the store to use in my Pseudo-Paella dish.
I cooked the rice according to directions on the box. Once I poured the rice into the boiling water, I started chopping my onions. Those went in first, followed by the smoked sausage.

Sausage Shrimp[1]

I waited until the the last 4 or 5 minutes to add the defrosted shrimp and frozen peas (corn would work, too). Shrimp takes to no time to cook, and the peas will get mushy if cooked too long.
When it was done, it looked yummy and tasted yummy, too. The dish was a hit with the whole family.

plated meal[1]

Thank you, Liz for sharing such a great recipe! Looks delicious.

art, family, food, love, Tasty Tuesday, and more:

Tasty Tuesday –Pseudo Paella + TIME